The Intellectual Magazine is a news medium which focuses on the education sector and other areas of human interest both in Nigeria and the global community. As a responsible organization, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our readers and customers worldwide.
Collection and Use of Data
Your personal details will be collected and processed when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of any of our products or services. In addition, when you visit any of our websites or use any of our digital applications (such as iPhone or iPad ), our system may also collect website and application usage information (which may include your reading history and any advertisements you may have viewed). This includes your computer’s or digital device’s IP address, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you visited via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page
This information is collected to help us:
• fulfill your order
• manage your registration preferences
• send you renewal notifications and/or service notifications
• personalize web content and advertising based on your personal characteristics or preferences
• ensure, as far as is practical, that our websites and applications are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors
• conduct customer satisfaction surveys
• tell you about additional products and services
• tell you about other promotional activities across The Intellectual Magazine Limited or other associated companies with whom we have a business relationship
• invite you to participate in market research and surveys
• improve our understanding of customer needs
• create marketing profiles
• support strategic development
• enable us to conduct research.
All results of any research and analysis will not reveal any personal details of individual customers.
A cookie is a small file, which is placed on your hard drive when you visit the company’s webpage (directly or via our applications). We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
• identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers
• eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details where necessary
• enabling you to move more easily around our sites and applications
• tracking your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your requirements
• building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content more relevant to your interests available to you.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete them, any settings such as your stored username and password may have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use our websites and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies.
You can also choose whether you wish us to collect cookie information for these purposes using the settings in your browser, as further explained at http://www.cookiecentral.com
The Intellectual Magazine uses reputable third parties to deliver the e-mails you receive if you have subscribed to e-mail newsletters, or have chosen to receive information about The Intellectual Magazine’s products, services and offers. These third parties use unique identifiers and invisible images (often called “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) to perform message open sensing, message format sensing, and click-through sensing in order to bring you more relevant information.
For advertisements (paid for and free) appearing in our digital applications, we may share information regarding viewing patterns with our advertisers, but will not reveal any personal details of individual customers.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. The Intellectual Magazine is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and we recommend that you read the privacy policies of any external sites you use.
The Intellectual Magazine will do its best to protect your privacy and ensure your personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered.
Transfer of personal data overseas
Since the internet is a global platform, collecting and processing personal information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including outside of Nigeria. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
Individuals under 18
The Intellectual Magazine does not intentionally or knowingly process personal information from individuals under the age of 18. When necessary, underage users will be told not to submit any personal details and we will make every effort to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has informed us that these details or applicable data as defined by law have been collected.
Concern about any of our Policies
If you have any concern or information that may be of help for our company, please contact us using this link.
1,034 total views, 4 views today